1. The short film must have been completed after 1 January 2008.
2. Mobile films are Allowed for student filmmakers.
3. The film can be Documentary, Experimental, Narrative, Fiction, Non-Fiction or Animation. The original film may be produced on 35 mm, 16 mm, HD, DIGI BETA, BETA SP, U-MATIC, DV, DVD, but the film must be available on DVD presentation or preview purpose for Technical committee, Selection committee, and Jury panel.
4. The Festival does not have a particular theme, the filmmaker can make a film on any genre he/she wants
5. The total running time of short film must be less than 35 minutes in length, including front and back credits. There is no minimum running time.
6. The short film can be in any language or any genre. All non-English films must have English sub-titles for festival presentation.
7. Two DVD’s of the film need to be submitted along with the entry. Each Preview DVD should be labeled with the Film title, running-time contact E-mail, and phone number.
8. Multiple entries can be submitted, but with separate entry forms, preview DVD, synopsis/description, still photographs, press kit should be enclosed. Each film is considered as a new entry.
9. RSMNSFF organization has right to use the Entries / Send / Selected / Nominated films, DVD and materials from the film for festival promotional purposes and to retain DVD copies of each film as part of our festival library.
10. Films once selected & submitted for final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances until the festival is over.
11. The publicity material (Broacher, Stills, Poster, etc.) and a synopsis of the short film to be enclosed with the entry. Entry materials submitted shall not be returned to the entrant.
12. Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs, related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant. The festival will not be responsible for the parcel with airport authority of India or Custom department. The customs duties should be pay by filmmaker/Producers
13. Decisions taken by the jury will be final. No complaints regarding the decisions will be enterrenter.