- This event has passed.
Open Window International Film Challenge
OPEN WINDOW INTERNATIONAL FILM CHALLENGE is an India based film competition with an international audience base. Open Window International Film Challenge is open to all Organization /Agency /Independent /Producer/Directors. It aims to inspire, motivate and award true innovative and artistic geniuses of our time. Every independent artist hopes to emerge as unique, share their talent with the masses and conquer hearts. With this platform, we provide the wings to facilitate that dream of theirs. We’re excited to display a wide range of work from all genres that will have the industry pros, filmmakers and filmgoers buzzing.
Rules & Regulations
1. Open Window International Film Festival is a monthly based film competition with monthly screening open to all Organization /Agency /Independent /Producer/Directors.
2. Submission will be accepted by submission partners/ Hard copy(DVD not acceptable)
3. Categories of the festival are
International Short Films: – All Genre of International Short Films with Duration 2 minutes to 15 minutes with opening and closing credit.
Indian Short Films: – All Genre of Indian Short Films with Duration 2 minutes to 15 minutes with opening and closing credit.
Student Short Films: – All Genre of Student Short Films with Duration 1 minutes to 20 minutes with opening and closing credit.
LGBT Films: – All LGBT Films with Duration 1 minutes to 120 minutes with opening and closing credit.
International Feature Films: – All Genre of International Feature films with Duration 60 minutes to 120 minutes duration with opening and closing credit. The winner of these categories will be announced once in three Month.
Indian Feature Films: – All Genre of Indian Feature films with Duration 60 minutes to 120 minutes duration with opening and closing credit. The winner of these categories will be announced once in three Month.
Music Video: – All Genre of Music Video with 10 Min. Duration Maximum.
Web Series: – All Genre of Indian/International Web Series with One Episode preview only (Prefer the First episode of the Season) other episodes are required on request.
1 Minute Short Film: – All Genre of Indian/ International Short Films with one-minute duration with opening and closing credit. More the one-minute duration films will be disqualified.
Screenplay: All kind of Short film Screenplay ( 30 Page maximum)
AWARDS BY JURY ARE
BEST CATEGORIES AWARDS
Best Indian Short Film
Best International Short Film
Best One Minute Short Film
Best LGBT Film
Best Indian Feature Film (One Film in three months)
Best International Feature Film (One Film in three months)
Best Student Film
Best Music Video/ Best Music
Best Web Series.
BEST SPECIAL CATEGORIES AWARD
Best Documentary Film
Best Animation Film
BEST Drama Film
Best Experiment Film
Best Horror Film
Best Romantic Film
Best Jury Award
BEST INDIVIDUAL AWARD
The winner will receive Laurel, Certificate.
Depending upon the number of entries for each category and the quality of films submitted, we may also provide Special Mentions.
Submitter, Applicant agrees with Category and Award terms and rules by submitting the film.
4. Our jury screens the monthly selections and also it goes for public screening and from there we select the winners.
5. All submissions are final. No refunds are provided.
6. All genre films will be accepted.
7. Winner films will require HD format of the film festival demand for screening in the annual event through Dropbox or WeTransfer.
8. All films which are selected/nominated for the competition or Festival will be informed only by emails & listed on the festival website.
9. No inquiries or arguments will be entertained regarding non-selected films. The decision of the festival selection committee will be final.
10. All non-English foreign language films /regional language Indian films must have English subtitles.
11. Festival organizers will not be responsible if the film is not screened due film format problem.
12. Festival director reserve the rights to disqualify any film on certain grounds.
13. Each entry will be accompanied by non-refundable fees.
15. The festival authorities will have the right to retain copies of each film and the material send as part of our festival library & can be screened in for Education, promotion, awareness & non-commercial purposes.
16. The excerpts from films send for Open Window International Film Festival can be shown on the Indian / Int. T.V. / Local Network / Internet etc. For Promotional / Publicity.
18. Films that are submitted must be the entrant’s original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third Parties. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required copyright permissions regarding music, sound & images. Etc presented in their film
19. Entrants agree that Open Window International Film Festival organizers will not be held liable for any copyright violations by you or your films.
20. Open Window International Film Festival reserves the right to not screen any film for any reason it deems valid.
21. Open Window International Film Festival will communicate all details through email communications only, so please give authorizes email and respond to emails asap. No phone call inquiries.
22. Submission fee is non-refundable. Entries will not be processed without submission fee payment. No refund for non-selected, disqualified films
23. Open Window International Film Festival organizers reserve rights change, cancel or re-schedule the dates, venue, awards & categories without consent or information to contestants
24. The organizers reserve the right not to award any or all of the prizes.
25. Festival Director reserve the right to take all decision about the festival
26. The code of conduct will have to be strictly followed by the entrants; misbehavior will lead to disqualification & legal actions.
27. Open Window International Film Festival and organizers reserve the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
28. The decision of the management is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. Films once entered infest will not be allowed to be withdrawn. Participation in the Open Window International Film Festival implies acceptance of all these rules.
30. The decision of jury members will be final and accepted by all no inquiries or arguments will be entertained
31. Agree on the above terms & conditions of Open Window International Film Festival organizing committee and promise to abide by it.
32. The applicant agrees to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the Open Window International Film Festival. The applicant confirms that he/she has the requisite authority or has obtained the requisite authority from the producer/right holder to enter this film in the Open Window International Film Festival and make available the print for screening. Under NO circumstance, the authorities of Open Window International Film Festival and Competition will entertain or be answerable to anyone else apart from the applicant.
Selected films will enter into film competition. Where a special panel of festival jury will award the best films FOR THE EDITION, Winner films will receive Digital Printable Certificate and Laurel and discount coupon for expert review writing and winners’ trophy (courier charges to be paid by the winners if they can not attend the screening)