Jaipur International Film Festival
The Jaipur International Film Festival, the world’s fastest-growing film festival, is held every year in January or February in Jaipur, India
Launched in January 2009, Jaipur International Film Festival -JIFF became expanding establishing name in organizing world film festival every year in Rajasthan.
The purpose of this film festival is to promote new movie makers, exchange of knowledge, information, ideas & culture between India & other nations in the context of their social and cultural ethos. JIFF also promotes friendship and co-operation among people of the world through the medium of films & documentaries.
Though the film festivals have become a regular affair in most countries yet most of them cater only to the selected audience as well as entertain the commercially successful filmmakers and related personalities. However, JIFF intends to organize a festival that connects the film fans & moviegoers with the world, especially the serious filmmakers & their associates so as to bring about a greater understanding of the art of filmmaking.
- JIFF is world’s first film festival which received films from 100 countries within just 7 years existence.
- JIFF is a 1st film festival in the history of Indian film festivals which was organized at 10 screens in 2013.
- 26 films have received 32 National Film Awards and 1 feature film has received Academy Award (Oscar) after being awarded at the Jaipur International Film Festival in previous years.
- JIFF has the privilege to launch guest country category to France in 2011 followed by the Cannes Film Festival.
- JIFF launched maximum programs in minimum time all over the world.
- Jaipur International Film Festival is the world’s fastest growing and now a prestigious Film Festival.